“The rule for all of us is perfectly simple. Do not waste time bothering whether you 'love' your neighbour; act as if you did. As soon as we do this we find one of the great secrets. When you are behaving as if you loved someone, you will presently come to love him. “
—Mere Christianity

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Holding Papa's hand... The Sequel

This morning when I picked up my granddaughter, she was way too busy holding the picture she had drawn with both hands while she was looking at it to be bothered with holding my hand.  As expected, halfway across campus she lost track of me and was suddenly standing there looking around trying to find me...  Yes, she quickly decided that holding Papa's hand was really a good idea...

This is the place where I leave the application up to you...

"Papa"

6 comments:

  1. hmmmm...sounds like a good sermon illustration. I will have to tell my husband:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want the picture she drew Patti? I can send it to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, yes, I saw the sermon illustration coming... before the sequel. And as a loving "Papa" I could see what was going to happen when she didn't want to hold my hand, but it was a safe place for her to learn the lesson on her own. {insert application here} But there are NO exceptions to holding hands crossing the street!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...we used to do the same to Pat, but dern-it-all, she found us each time.

    Where does the name Reagan come from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly its just a name that my husband liked and mentioned and we fell in love with. Her middle name is Candice after mt mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Race, now you know what the difference is between you and God... ;-)

    ReplyDelete